Who we are
Collegeway Auto is an auto repair shop located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. We’ve been in business since 1988, and have serviced generations of families in the Mississauga and the Greater Toronto Area.
Our website address is: https://collegewayauto.ca.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave us a message via our contact form or book an appointment online, the message and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left us a message via our contact form or booked an appointment with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
User Information Collection and Use
Collegeway Auto collects information from users of its Website at several different points and in different ways. Examples of such instances where we may collect personal information, includes, without limitation, when a user:
- Books an online appointment or submits our contact form.
- To use the Website, or certain portions or feature of the Website, a user may be required to first complete an online registration form which will prompt the user to provide us certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address and vehicle information.
- Submits an e-mail address for use by Collegeway Auto.
- Subscribes to receive e-mail from Collegeway Auto.
We collect information that personally identifies a user in order to fulfill website user requests, fulfill orders, fulfill appointments, help us to create content on the Website that is more relevant to its users, and to alert its users to updated services offered by Collegeway Auto.
You may choose not to provide us with any personally-identifying information. In that case, you can still access and use many portions of our Website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of this Website that requires your personal information.
Important Website Terminology
- Cookies. “Cookies” are small, removable pieces of data that are stored by a user’s Internet browser on a user’s computer when this Website is accessed that enables us to track and personalize our websites to enhance each user’s website experience. For instance, by installing a cookie from one of our websites, we can provide you with storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. Most web browsers allow you to exercise control over cookies installed on your computer. You may erase them, block them or have notifications sent to you when a cookie is stored on your computer. However, if a user’s browser refuses the cookie, some of the features and services of this Website may not operate to their fullest or properly.
- Google Analytics. We use certain tools provided by Google, e.g., Google Analytics, Google AdWords Conversion tracker, and other Google services across our websites that place cookies on a user’s browser. These cookies help us personalize the website experience and increase the website’s effectiveness for our visitors. These cookies are set and read by Google. To opt out of Google tracking, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- Google AdWords. We also use Google’s AdWords functions and tools, including cookies, to display our offers and services across the web. We place tags on certain browser pages, and then a third party reads these cookies and may serve an ad via a third party’s website. We use this tool to help bring you offers we think might interest you based upon your past online choices. You may opt out of this service by visiting the following link: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Our Website is directed to the general public. Consistent with generally accepted good practices, we will never knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from users that indicate that they are under the age of thirteen (13).
The Sources of the Information We Collect
We obtain personal information from a variety of categories of sources. Below are categories of sources from which we gather personal information:
- Directly and indirectly from: (i) customers when they visit our location to purchase vehicle repair services and/or products from Collegeway Auto; (ii) through tracking tools and when users provide information directly through the website; (iii) social media platforms, like Twitter® or Facebook®; and (iv) consumers directly provide us information, for example, through reviews; affiliated/related entities; marketing agencies; third-party services such as Calendly® and other Internet platforms.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
There are several business or commercial reasons why we collect the personal information we collect. We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, to ensure appointments are kept.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations regarding warranties provided and/or purchased as part of services offered to you.
- To improve our services and website, and present our website contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To present you with service reminders and other promotional offers and marketing materials that might be of interest to you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
Sharing Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may disclose each of the above-identified personal information for our business purposes. This includes but is not limited to, for example:
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you. For example, if you book an appointment online, your information is sent to the entity that administers that service, Calendly®.
- Vendors that provide services on our behalf, including hosting and maintaining our website, sending emails and customer communications for us, providing marketing assistance, and sending customer reminders and other advertising.
We do not knowingly collect, disclose or sell the information of any minor.
Data Sharing and Disclosures
We may be required to disclose personal information to law enforcement, governmental authorities, or third parties if (i) required to do so by law, search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal process, (ii) requested by law enforcement or other government authorities, or (iii) we believe such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Collegeway Auto and its Website, visitors to the Website and customers of our products and services.
Collegeway Auto has taken appropriate precautions to protect user information on our Website. When users submit personally identifiable information, Collegeway Auto takes commercially accepted and recommended steps to protect that information both on- and off-line. Nevertheless, currently no data transmission over the Internet or method of storage – electronic or otherwise – can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While Collegeway Auto strives to protect your information, absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Special Offers, Account Updates and Opting Out
Collegeway Auto occasionally sends our customers and the users of our Website announcements and updates, which contain important information about our Website and our product and service offerings, including those from its affiliated companies, which we believe to be of value to our customers and users. To facilitate this, we may enhance or merge the information we collect on our Website with data lawfully obtained from third parties for purposes of marketing products or services to our customers and users.
We may communicate with the users of our Website via e-mail, telephone, mail or fax to provide services, content, product information, notification of offers, discounts or in regard to customer service issues relating to a particular account. The users of our Website are given the opportunity to elect not to receive such marketing communications.
Our e-mail messages have an “unsubscribe” feature for prior users of our Websites who have become our customers, but do not want to be notified about special offers in the future. At any time, users can click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of marketing emails we send in order to “unsubscribe”. We will remove that e-mail address from our e-mail lists. To ensure proper updating of account information, users with more than one e-mail address are asked to “unsubscribe” within emails sent to each email address. Users who do not wish to have postal mail information, phone number or ordering information shared with third party organizations, can opt out by: (i) calling us at 1-905-820-8044; (ii) mail us at Collegeway Auto, Attn: Consumer Affairs / Website Request, 3405 Glen Erin Drive, Mississauga, ON L5L 3S2, or (iii) e-mail us at [email protected]
Updates to this Policy
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: